Tuesday, April 4, 2023

April 4, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Oatmeal for Supper.

I never intended to eat oatmeal for supper.  In fact, it was not until today that Portia commented to me that I must have eaten oatmeal for supper.  So not only did I eat oatmeal for supper last evening, I did not even know I had eaten the oatmeal.  One would question whether or not I am in my dotage.  But it really did happen.

Yesterday, Portia cooked me a steak for lunch along with vegetables.  And she asked if she could  fix me a salad for supper, which pleased me.  So she left.  When it was time for supper I opened the fridge and removed a bowl, which I thought was a salad.  My vision is only straight ahead so I did not notice another bowl in the fridge.  I thought the bowl was small so I transferred the contents to a bigger bowl and I added three scoops of cottage cheese on top of what I thought was a salad.  It contained nuts, blueberries and strawberries in the bowl.  I ate the whole thing and I told Portia today  that I had added cottage cheese to the salad.  And I told her I enjoyed my supper.

Portia made me another salad for supper today but when she put the new bowl in the fridge, she came to tell me that there was already another salad in the fridge.  And there was no bowl of leftover oatmeal.  We figured out that I had eaten the oatmeal by mistake.  And I did not notice.  Can you believe it?  This is a true story.

No comments: