Tuesday, April 18, 2023

April 18, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Spring Cleaning.

 I am having the outside of the house get a Spring Cleaning.  Yesterday when Chantes was installing a new toilet seat, he told me that he is not very busy so I asked if he would have time to work on some outside tasks.  He thought it was a great idea so today he obtained lumber and began the work.  I was delighted because some of the tasks should have been done long ago.  But Chantes was too busy.

He did an evaluation of the outside of the house.  His list of defects was long.  The decks have some rotted wood, also the stairs down to the dock.  The arch over the entrance is not secure.   The brick walk in front of the front door is sinking and not level.  The house needs to be pressure washed to remove the mildew.  The patio in front needs power washed.  Many limbs need cutting to allow the sun to get to the house.  A copper gutter is pulling apart.  And the outside decks and gazebo needs to be painted.

Chantes and his crew started today and they will work all week.  He tells me that the house already looks better, which pleases me.  Nothing better than getting projects done.  Tomorrow he must go to Lowes again for supplies to buy bricks and paint.  Many of the old bricks are broken and not level.  I am delighted with the progress.  And Chantes is pleased to have his crew working.  Now all I must do is to pay the bills.  

No comments: