Monday, April 24, 2023

April 24, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. My Silent Home.

When company leaves after visiting me,  my home seems suddenly silent.  My solution is to keep busy and to plan my week.    We had such a wonderful time this weekend with Suzanne, David and Kate that I could have gotten lonely being alone.  But I did not dwell on being lonely.

Firstly, Portia comes every day so she keeps me company and after she prepared my breakfast, she and I worked on several tasks that I haven ignoring so we had a productive morning, which pleased me.  And Portia cooked me a small steak for lunch along with two types of vegetables, spinach and green beans which was delicious.  She leaves at 1:00 so she brings my meal to me just before she leaves for the day..  And she leaves my supper in the fridge.  Today was a salad with avocado and chicken.  I am being looked after well.

And Chantes is continuing to work on the outside spring cleaning so he pops in to chat every now and then which is nice.  After my nap, I texted people to set up my week.  My only doctor appointment is for Thursday so I texted friends.  Cheryl is sick.  Linda is coming to bring lunch here on Friday.  I have not seen her since my return so I look forward to meeting with her.  And on Wednesday I will have lunch with my friend Lisa.  So I will be busy this week.  And I will not be lonely.  But I will still miss being with Suzanne, David and Kate.

No comments: