Friday, April 7, 2023

April 7, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Air Conditioning.

I like to switch to air conditioning only once a season.  When I arrived in Early March, the temperature was chilly so I just kept the heat on in the house.  I was cosy.  But a week ago, the temperatures were going to bee in the mid 80s so I asked Portia to switch the three thermostats to air conditioning and the house was comfortable.  I was expecting to keep the air conditioning for the whole season.  And I was happy.

But winter returned over night, when the temperature fell to 50.  The highest it got today was 60.  I was chilly in the house but I talked myself into my ability to keep warm.  After all I am a Canadian.  When I got home from lunch with friend Bo, I decided I was being foolish.  My legs were really cold.  So I did what I should have done this morning, which was to switch the thermostats back to heat.  Finally, the house returned to a comfortable temperature.

All week, the temperature will stay below 70 during the day.  But next week, I must once again change the thermostats because it will be in the mid 80s.  Maybe this time it will stay at air conditioning.  For some reason that I do not quite understand, I do not like to keep switching from heat to a/c.  Apparently, in Mississippi, I better get used to it. 

No comments: