Tuesday, April 11, 2023

April 11, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Liver Biopsy.

The nurse gave me instructions when leaving the hospital.  The rules are:  no driving, no lifting, no strenuous exercises, no bending over and no straining.  Portia and I laughed because I do not do any of those activities anyway.  But I must take life easy for a few days plus take a short walk around the house every couple of hours.   But no long walks.

They told me to expect discomfort at the site of the biopsy.  I will be tired .  All those symptoms should be gone after a week.  So I am now, taking life easy and resting.  The other instructions was to remind me not to make any decisions for a few days because I had been given sedation.

The medical team at the Baptist Hospital was excellent.  Competent and pleasant.  I was to arrive at 7:00am and we were driving home at 11:15.  And the job was done.  Now I must recover.  And on Thursday I meet with Dr. Sheehan, the Oncologist to map out a plan.  Modern medicine is wonderful but I would prefer not to have these fancy procedures.  I know they provide valuable information, which is why I have them done.  But these procedures are always uncomfortable.  Now the liver biopsy is done.  Hurrah.

No comments: