Friday, April 28, 2023

April 28, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Lemons to Lemonade.

I was irritated.  This morning we drove into the parking lot at 8:20, which was the time for my appointment with my Oncologist.  She was to give me the results of the specific cell so she could match a type of chemo with the specific breast cancer cell.  Just we were getting out of the car,  I got a call from the nurse saying that the lab had not sent the results so the good doctor had nothing to tell me.    The nurse said that if I wanted to see the doctor, she would be happy to see me.  But I said that I had no need to see the Oncologist unless she had something to tell me. 

 I was irritated that the call came so late.  In order for me to get there at 8:20, Portia had arrived early.  I got up at 6:30 to be ready to leave before 8:00.  So it would have been thoughtful for them to call me earlier, or yesterday.  But they did not give me the courtesy.  I was irritated.

First I suggested we go out for breakfast but I had already eaten a yoghurt and Portia had eaten a smoothy so we did not really want a second breakfast.  But I suggested that we treat ourselves and get a pedicure.  So we did.  The VIP salon opens at 9:00 and takes walk ins so we arrived just as they were opening and we were looked after immediately.  The wound doctor told me not to soak my left foot for quite awhile until the skin gets thicker, so I just kept my left foot out of the soaking bath and Portia and I sat drinking a bottle of water and living like a Queen.  We both agreed that we were enjoying ourselves much more than discussions with Dr. Sheehan.  In other words, we turned lemons into lemonade.  And I was no longer irritated.

No comments: