Wednesday, April 19, 2023

April 19, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Hockey Playoffs.

I love playoffs.  I especially love the first round of the playoffs, when there are so many games.  Every night there are four games being played.  I switch from game to game like a mad lady.  And I enjoy every minute.

One of the things I like the best with playoffs is the opportunity for the favorite team to be beaten by a much less team in the rankings.  Several years ago, the Lightning won more games during the regular season than any other team.  But they lost in the first round.  In fact they lost four straight games.  And tonight, Boston lost their game 6 to 2 although they did win their first game.  They won more games through the regular season than any team ever, but here they are tied in the series.

I also enjoy the fact that I do not really care what happens.  I would like Toronto to at least get past the first round but as they lost their first game it appears that Toronto might fold again.  And I would like Edmonton to advance deep into the playoffs because they have some of the best players in the world and I would like to see them in action while trying to win the Stanley Cup.  And I would like to see a Canadian team win the cup just for nostalgia.  But my teams, the Washington and Nashville teams did not even make it into the playoffs.  So I just enjoy the ride and watch to see who will win.  So far, the games have been good.  So here we go.

No comments: