Tuesday, January 17, 2017

January 17, 2017. Playa Royale, Mexico. The Market.

The line for the fish monger was long.  I refused to get in that long line, even though Ken assured me that the fish man would run of fish by the time we were leaving.   "I am not standing in line", said I, so we kept walking down to the Farmers Market, which was behind the building beside the canal.

This market is a huge success.  There must have been over 100 vendors, selling everything from food to fabric.  Each vendor is under their own tent.  Three years ago it was small but now there are four rows with objects for sale on each side of the row.  Our goal today was  to buy fish, bread and vegetables, and to have a good walk.

 Mid way in our walk, we stopped for a glass of juice and a bun.  Tents with chairs are scattered around the market, making it easy for us to eat and rest.   An elderly couple were also eating so we chatted about their home, which was Boise, Idaho.  For the first time in fifteen years there is a foot of snow in their yard.

After 90 minutes of looking and walking, we decided to leave.  On the way out, we bought tuna and mahi-mahi  from the fish man.  No line but no shrimp.  We did buy lots of good bread but no fruit and vegetables.  There was a line so I passed by.  On the way out, nearly at the road we noticed a man holding a jar  of honey.  Of course we stopped to talk and discovered that he was selling honey.  As I had forgotten to buy honey at the Mega, I was delighted to buy a big jar.  He noted that I was coughing so he assured me that I needed to buy a small container of this dark stuff called Royal Jelly and eat a half spoonful each day.  The Queen bee eats it, says the nice man.  Of course we bought a small jar and even though I ate my first  dose, I am still coughing.  

No comments: