Monday, January 30, 2017

January 30, 2017. Playa Royale, Mexico. Exercise.

My solution to almost everything is to get more exercise and drink more water.    I have given that advise to many people.  Of course, I was a physical education teacher so I obviously thought everyone needed more exercise in their day.  I have no idea where I learned to tell people to drink more water.  And I do not know if anyone took my advise but I never changed my tune.  Get more exercise and drink more water was my schtick.  And I stuck to it.

My poor husband has heard this all his life with me, but a few years ago I stopped encouraging him to get more exercise and drink more water.  I had  given up.  Ever since I retired, I have kept silent about his activities.  After all, he knows more about the body then I do, so I shut my mouth, which is not so easy for me.

Today was a red letter day.  I was getting my shoes on to go for a walk and Ken asked if I wanted to walk along the bicycle path.  Of course I said yes.  Yesterday we went for a walk around the pool.  Today when we were walking, Ken commented that his legs feel better if he gets a moderate amount of exercise.   I felt as if the sirens should go off and the lights should flash.   We have been married almost 59 years and regularly he has heard me say those magic words about exercise and water.   Finally he has seen the light, at least about exercise.  He did not say a thing about water.

No comments: