Wednesday, January 18, 2017

January 18, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. Just Wondering.

While sitting with Wendy waiting for her taxi taking her to the airport, an attractive lady walked from her car  into the building.  She was wearing an attractive beige dress and high heeled shoes.  The shoes were sandals with a wedge heel.  If she turned her ankle  she would have a bad sprain. I am wondering why she was wearing those ridiculous shoes?

I am wondering about democracy.  In our world, once an election is over, the winner takes the position and the loser gets a job.  Why are these people continuing to protest the election?   What are they protesting?   I watch little news but today I heard that people are going to try to interrupt the inauguration.   I am wondering why.

I am wondering what happened to civility and grace.  I have heard many rude impolite remarks since the election, which makes me think that these folks do not really understand the system.   These people look like fools.  I am wondering if they realize how idiotic they seem.    They think we live in a banana republic where if the wrong guy wins,  the old president just stays in power.   What do all these protests accomplish?   I am just wondering.

2 comments:

Rita dickie said...

Well said Ruth. Hope all goes okay tomorrow. People need to move on.

Ann Fisher Johnson said...

Amen. Indeed, some people just don't seem to want to accept the valid results. Like Rita, we all hope all goes well tomorrow.