Thursday, January 26, 2017

January 26, 2017. Playa Royale, Mexico. Dr. Salvador Villalobos.

Dr. Villalobos is my new eye guy.  I met him for the first time today at 5:30 in his office.  The first thing I noticed about him was that he was on time.  I was ushered into his office promptly at 5:30.  The second thing was his consulting room.  He had all the high tech machines that I see in my doctor's offices in Texas and Mississippi.   I told him what I needed.  He opened a file on me in his computer so it was quick and easy.  Then he asked me questions that I was unable to answer, such as what procedure I had on my eyes.  He named the options but I still did not know.

I was there to ask him to check my pressures, which he did.  But first he looked in my eyes and then told me the name of the procedures.  My pressures were 12 and 12.5, which were perfectly acceptable.  He assured me that my eyes are doing well with no signs of anything abnormal.  So I thanked him and left, after paying my bill of 600 pesos, the equivalent of $30.  The receptionist called for a taxi and then helped me down the stairs and into the cab.   These Mexicans are very helpful and polite.

His office is in a new area for me, Fluviol in Puerto Vallarta.  Lots of commerce and lots of residences, some quite beautiful, interspersed with medical offices.  The taxi driver drove me directly to the  correct office, after first calling for direction.  When we arrived, he accompanied me into the office to be sure I was in the right place.  On the way there I figured out a technique to keep me calm.  I look out the side windows but never in front.  These taxi drivers drive fast and they stay close to the cars ahead.  I have tried to tell them not  to drive fast but sometimes they ignore me.  Now I just look out  the view from the side and I never look at the card ahead of us.  Than all is well.

Tomorrow I will e mail my pressures to Dr. Kosko in Mississippi, who was not pleased that I was leaving for Mexico.  Once again, the medical community in PV answered my call for help.

No comments: