Sunday, January 29, 2017

January 29, 2017. Playa Royale, Mexico. Pleasure.

Every day I find something that brings me pleasure.   Because we are often at home,  I must dig hard, but I am always successful.   Today watching the hockey all star game gave me lots of pleasure.  In the past, all star games were boring, just like  the football all star game being played right now.  But the format for the hockey made it interesting, plus the winning team were given one million dollars to share among the  players and coaches.   For once, the league did a good job.

The players are voted onto the all star teams by the fans and the coaches.  Then the players were divided onto four teams, each with a coach.    The games lasted for two ten minute halves.  In the event of s tie, they went immediately to a shootout.  They played three a side.  In other words, the ice  was mostly empty so these stars were able to fly.  The winner os the first game would play the winner of the second game, for the million dollar prize.

I loved all the scoring.  Of course no penalties were called, nor any body checks, but lots of offense.  And the players played hard especially the goalies.  I have watched base ball all star games where the players were not even pretending to be interested.  The players seemed to enjoy the games too.  I hope the same format is used next year because I loved the games.  And yes, Crosby's team won.

No comments: