Saturday, January 28, 2017

January 28, 2017. Playa Royale, Mexico. A Walk.

People who see me think I am nuts.   I look pretty normal.  My color is good.  I have hair.  And I certainly am not emaciated.  Once I get up to speed, my walking looks pretty good too.  But I have taken to walking  on the walkway outside our condo, the same  one I used two years ago when I could not really walk anywhere else.   Last year I always had someone with me when taking a walk out side.   Now no one is with us so I have only Ken to walk with me.  He often does not wish to walk.  I am a bit anxious walking by myself so I have decided to walk outside my own door.

When you come to our condo on the elevator to the 7th floor,  you walk along a balcony overlooking the mountains.  The walkway, which is about 10 foot wide,  is covered and has a hand rail the whole way.  The walkway runs along the width of the building so it is a wonderful place to walk.  The floor is also perfectly flat so I do not need to look constantly at my feet.  I have decided to walk along the walkway when ever I need to walk alone.

The late afternoon is the best time to walk because the sun sets over the Pacific, on the opposite side of the building.  With a breeze from the mountains, my walks are perfect.   The big difference for me walking this year compared to two years ago is that now I can charge along and make as many trips as I want without singing my marching songs to keep me going.  Now that is progress.

No comments: