Friday, January 20, 2017

January 20, 2017. Playa Royale, Mexico. A Walk.

Once upon a time we did a lot of walking.  But not any more.  Now going for a walk is a big deal.  Yesterday Ken and I walked down to the shopping mall, a distance of about one half mile.   First we crossed the street to visit the hospital to see if they could give me a name of an eye doctor, and they did.  We continued along the sidewalk to the mall where Ken needed stuff from the pharmacy.  I waited outside of the market and watched the people walking by, which is always interesting.

Mexican ice cream is delicious so we ate a dish  before coming home.  Then we walked home down the bicycle path, which is in the center of the boulevard.    The path is new and smooth and shaded, so is perfect for walking.  I am told that bicycle drivers hate walkers on the path but we do it anyway.

Ken uses his walker.  When I get started, I am able to walk quite quickly while Ken walks slowly, so I wait at each corner to allow him to catch up.  Walking beside him is impossible because I can not see him beside me so I am always bumping in to him.  We have learned that we do better if I am ahead, so that is what we do.  I can report that we did fine on the mile long walk.  We ignore our legs and just keep going. Tomorrow we will walk again.

No comments: