Wednesday, April 10, 2019

April 10, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Hockey Playoffs.

The unexpected often occurs in playoffs. That is why the playoffs are so much fun. This evening on the phone Ian and I made a bet. The deal we made was to select the two finalists for the Stanley Cup. If your teams get there you must take the other person out to dinner. I know it makes no sense but it is fun. Ian selected Tampa Bay as the team that will win the cup and they will play the Winnipeg Jets in the finals. I suggested Boston and Nashville as the two teams playing at the end. So we bet. Here we go. One of the things I enjoy about the playoffs is you get the same teams several games in a row so you get to know the players better. Another aspect of playoffs is you get to watch lots of games. I had three games on TV while I was eating dinner. And another game is on now. Tonight was the first night of playoff hockey. You never know what will happen in playoffs. The best team in hockey lost tonight. The Tampa Bay Lightning was up 3 to 0 in the first period and ultimately lost the game. Everyone expects they will win the cup but at the moment they must figure out what happened. They looked lost in the third period. I love playoffs. Now I must see what happens next.

No comments: