Sunday, April 14, 2019

April 14, 2019. Madison. Mississippi. The Gift Card.

In my purse has been a gift card that I know needs to be used this year. Five restaurants honor that card. Ken and I have for years given a gift to the Family as part of their Christmas gift. We wanted them to go out for Sunday brunch even though we were not there to dine with them. When we buy their card, the restaurant gives us a gift for ourselves which we have trouble remembering to use. When Christina, Molly and I were discussing where to have Sunday brunch, I asked if we could go to one of the five places so I could use it up. I asked Molly to select the restaurant and she chose Anjou, a lovely French restaurant off Colony Parkway. I was pleased with the choice because it is close to us and I like the restaurant. Our brunch at 11:30 was delightful and delicious. The bill came and I gave the waiter my credit card. It was only after Christina had executed the bill that I realized that the gift card was still in my purse. I had the choice of getting the waiter to cancel the card and give him my gift card. But we were ready to leave so we just all laughed at my stupidity. And we agreed that the next time we have brunch we will go to one of the other restaurants. I do not wish to carry that gift card around any more. Last year we had lunch with the family at Sombra. It was early in December. When I pulled out my credit cards, I noticed the gift card from the past Christmas and I was delighted to use it. That was when the waitress told me that the time for the card expires at the end of 2018, which I had not known. This year I am determine to use the card early but so far I am not doing a very good job. What was I thinking when the bill came to the table. I think I was having a conversation with Mary Frances. Next time I will remember because I have asked everyone at the table to remind me. I will get that card out of my purse very soon.

No comments: