Friday, April 19, 2019

April 19, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Local 463.

This was an unexpected treat. Yesterday, late in the evening, I texted Christina to ask if her day tomorrow seemed busy. And I suggested we might go out for breakfast or lunch. I knew that Molly was off school and is generally up to an excursion. The answer was swift that lunch would be good so we made a date. And I left the choice of restaurant up to Molly. It turned out that Molly deligated the task to Mary Frances who selected Local 463, a fairy new restaurant in the Renaissance shopping area. Once upon a time a restaurant named Mint was in that location and we were sad when it closed. We had been to the new Local 463 before but not for a couple of years. The selection was a good one. We enjoyed our lunch. And the desserts were wonderful. I took Lyft to meet them and I expected only Molly but Mary Frances came too so I had an added bonus. Yesterday we had a big storm and Mary Frances was still in school. They herded all the students down to the lowest floor in the dorm, where they chilled for an hour playing games in the corridor. Fortunately Kate's last class ended at 11:00 so she was able to get home prior to the storm. Tress were down all over town. So part of our discussion was the difficulty of getting to the restaurant. And the girls told me all the things they want to do in Nova Scotia this summer, which was fun. Poor Kate has finals coming up and she wants to do well so she stayed home to study. May 10 is her graduation and she is excited. And so am I. Ken would be so proud. Today having an unexpected lunch with my Mississippi family was a bonus to my day. I enjoyed every minute with my time with them. I enjoyed the food and I enjoyed the conversation. And for that I am grateful. There is no better gift to a grandmother than the gift of time.

No comments: