Thursday, April 11, 2019

April 11, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. The lower Level Fridge.

Until; several weeks ago I had forgottten all about it. One evening I was downstairs doing my exercises with the weights when I noticed the fridge, so I opened it to find it empty. We kept drinks for Ken in the little fridge and he kept chocolate bars on the counter but when Ken passed away, Kashina brought the sodas and protein drinks upstairs. She left the candy. And I opened the small door to the freezer. This fridge is an under the counter type. Frost had formed on the front of the freezer door but I could not see how to unplug the fridge because it had been built into place. Problem. When Wendy came, I asked her to look at it and she did. By getting down on her hands and knees she discovered a switch which she turned off. I could never have found that switch because it is on the very bottom, half covered by the rug. Plus the letters were tiny. I could never have been able to read it. The freezer pan was full of ice along with ice over the door. She put down towels to catch the water and waited. The next morning enough ice had melted to see that the whole little freezer section was frozen solid. So she put down bigger towels and she and Ken went to Memphis. When they returned, Wendy discovered three small ice cube trays in the freezer and no ice in sight. The towels were soaked and just a tiny bit of water came onto the carpet. Now the little fridge is clean and turned off. Wendy put an orange towels over the door to be sure no one closes it. My problem with ice in the little fridge has gone away, thanks to Wonderful Wendy. At first I thought there was a bit of ice but the task was bigger. But now it is done, thanks to Wendy. I am so fortunate they decided to come south to avoid the last of winter in Ontario. Once again, I just got lucky.

No comments: