Sunday, April 21, 2019

April 21, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Easter 2019.

The weather was glorious so we ate our Easter lunch sitting on the porch of Linda Creath's yard enjoying the pool and the foliage. Molly even went swimming although the water was cold. We ate a casual lunch of bagels and chicken salad, panini sandwiches, salad and fruit. For desert we ate Easter cookies and cake. Nelson and Katey were there along with Sophie who was home from Baylor. With Christina and the three girls, friend Sue and Linda and I, we were a happy group. Christina has her 50th birthday on Tuesday so our lunch was as much a birthday celebration as an Easter event. Christina opened her gifts from Nelson and Katey. Also from Linda. She was pleased. Of course, I had no gift to give her. And I took nothing to contribute to the lunch. All I did was cheer everyones efforts. I have a problem helping. I bump into objects and knock things over so I have learned to sit down and keep quiet. The birthday cake was delicious. Spectacular actually. And we sang. Christina was pleased. Even at 50 she looks as beautiful as ever. I enjoyed the company and the good food. And Christina drove me home. Perfect Easter lunch.

No comments: