Thursday, April 25, 2019

April 25, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Second Round.

Ian and I both lost the bet. All the teams we picked to play in the finals of The Stanley Cup have lost in the first round. Every team that led their division at the end of the season lost. This is the first time all four leaders lost in the first round of the playoffs. I always cheer for the underdog but this is ridiculous. And funny. All the big boys are gone. No Washington. No Pittsburgh. No Nashville. No Tampa Bay. No Toronto, Calgary or Winnipeg or Las Vegas. All I have to say is that I am fortunate I do not bet real money. I would have lost. Two teams in the second round got into the playoffs on the last day of the regular season. Now the games should be close which should;d make for good hockey. But I like lots of scoring. I always find it interesting to find out what players and teams rise to the occasion. Some players fade away under the great pressure but others just thrive in the bright spotlight. That is one aspect of playoffs that I find interesting. I have no clue who is likely to play for the cup. My picks were wrong before the playoffs started. But I am betting on Boston. We will see. Already it has given me much glee while watching the playoff games. So let the next round continue. I will be watching.

No comments: