Saturday, April 13, 2019

April 13, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Another Storm.

What a good thing Wendy and Ken were not traveling around Natchez today as they were a week ago. All day we had a big storm. Right now, heavy rain is falling and thunder can be heard. Today would not be a day to be driving close to the Mississippi River. The day started with a text from Keshina, saying she could not work today. I had planned an excursion to the country but I had no problem being myself today. By mid morning when I was getting ready to walk I realized that the wind was blowing too hard to walk. And the rains came. I stayed at home. The trees were blowing with the wind changing from heavy to light. Then the real storm arrived. Fortunately the tornado warning was west of Madison but the winds were fierce. The television is taken over by the weather people telling everyone to seek a safe place. The noise was deafening. But I did not lose power although I expected it to go out at any time. Between the hockey games and the Masters I had a busy day. I had a flashlight in my pocket ready to retreat to my books. Now we have gone from a tornado watch to a high water warning. Rain is coming down in a deluge. Storms in Mississippi are taken seriously. Today started out with high wind and got worse. But other than heavy rain, the big storm has passed. My house is a spectacular place to watch the impact of a storm. The water in the reservoir hits the shore hard, almost like the ocean. It is all very exciting. What was unusual about today was the duration of the bad weather, which just kept getting worse and worse. Even now I hear thunder closeby. What a day.

No comments: