Friday, January 10, 2020

January 10, 2020. Playa Royale, Mexico. Our Days.

Our days are very pleasant, here in Mexico. Wendy starts our day by making coffee. Bit by bit, we congregate on the balcony counting the fishing boats, talking and enjoying our first cup of coffee. Next up Wendy prepares my breakfast of toast and cheese and fruit. And she brings her own breakfast too. Ken fixes his own. And we stay on the balcony talking or reading. Soon Ken leaves to find a prime palapa on the beach while Wendy and I finish up the coffee. Finally, Wendy joins Ken on the beach at their palapa. Most mornings they take a walk on the beach. The rest of the time they read. I stay in the condo each morning. Mostly I read or respond to e mails but this morning I did a load of laundry. Around 1:00 Wendy comes up to prepare lunch. She gives me my plate, then takes a sandwich down to the both of them which they eat on the beach. They usually go into the ocean, unless the water is too rough. About 5:30, they come to the pool to swim and take a hot tub. Around 6:30 they both come up to the condo to watch the sunset. I always put my feet up for an hour after lunch. Then I walk before ending up sitting by the pool talking to Rosa. Ken and Wendy join me by the pool because Rosa leaves at 5:00 to prepare dinner. We eat sunset food while watching the sunset. Next Ken prepares dinner, which we eat around 7 or 7:30, often on the balcony. In the evenings we read. So far we have not turned on the TV. Wendy cleans up the kitchen and eventually, one by one, we drift off to bed. Our days are pleasant and enjoyable and we are happy to be here in the warm air. Wendy and Ken are looking after me very well. I am fortunate indeed.

No comments: