Thursday, January 16, 2020

January 16, 2020. Playa Royale, Mexico. Lunch With Pat & Tom.

Every year we have lunch together in Nuevo Vallarta. They stay in the old town of PV, generally for two months. They take the bus and meet me at the condo or at the Plaza. And we enjoy good food and each others company. This year we had lunch on Tuesday, along with Wendy and Ken. And we had a good time. I suggested we walk up to La Isla, our favorite restaurant by the road. Everyone agreed. Tom and Pat arrived right on time, which is a trick when you take public transportation. The bus driver let them off right in front of our condo so we three were sitting on the bench all ready and waiting. As we were walking, Pat told us that she had fallen in PV, just since she had been here. Not good. Fortunately she did not hurt herself. Evidently she is prone to falling. I must remind her to take Tom's arm. Our lunch was delicious, as always but they were busy so we had a long wait for our food. But we were busy chattering away. Pat and Tom live in Toronto and spend summers at their cottage. And they are birders. They also take Spanish lessons every year in PV. This year, three times a week at noon they improve their Spanish. Several times they have taken the bus to the Botanical Gardens, which is on the south side of the city. Ken and I have never gotten there so you can tell that they are much more adventuresome than us. Gill is my contact with Pat and Tom. But now we are friends all by ourselves. I always enjoy my lunches together in Mexico and I hope to see them next year.

No comments: