Wednesday, January 22, 2020

January 22, 2020. Playa Royale, Mexico. Mexican Dentists.

Americans and Canadians who live part of the year in Mexico visit Mexican Dentists. Today I had my teeth cleaned. I have been doing it for years. The dentistry is high tech and the dentists are well trained. The work they do is of a high quality which is the most important thing. But they are also inexpensive. Dentists in North America are excellent but they are expensive. So everyone gets their teeth attended to while they are here. The dentist I use has her office in the Plaza. She used to be the only one on Nuevo Vallarta. Another dentist has set up shop across the street in the hospital building. Ken had a filling replaced the last year we were here and he used the new dentist because he was closer to us. But I stick with the first one. Marilyn, a lady I chat with by the pool uses the dentist across the street. Last year she chipped a front tooth. The dentist attached the chip and made the back secure, all for $30. Last week Marilyn went to have it checked. All was well. The dentist did not charge her. Pretty nice. Bucerias is the next town . There are four American trained dentists working there. Those pricing is even lower. Many folks from our resort go to Bucerias for dental work because of the price. But not me. I pay what they tell me to pay knowing that the price is more than half the cost of a cleaning in Mississippi. No scraping here. They use ultra sound and high speed water. Pretty fancy. My teeth are shining white all for 700 pesos.

No comments: