Sunday, January 12, 2020

January 12, 2020. Playa Royale, Mexico. Socks.

I wear light weight wool socks to keep me warm in Nova Scotia. By August, I shed my wool socks. I am not sure whether I just get used to the temperature or that the temperature is warmer. When I left for the season, I took two pair of my socks with me, the two black pair. They were the pair I took with me to Ontario to keep me warm. They did the job. I also wore them when I went out, wearing my black sandals which Gill said is uncool. In addition, Irene gave me a soft pair of light weight fleece socks, which were dark gray. The three pair worked well during my visit. I have always found it difficult to convince myself about what clothes are needed for a trip. When I am in a cold area, convincing me that I do not need warm clothes when I am going to a hot climate is difficult. This time when organizing my clothes for Mexico I set out my socks to take with me. I had to give myself a lecture that I did not need wool socks in Mexico. So I left the three pair of socks for Wendy to ship to me when I get home. I was correct. I have never needed wool socks in Mexico and I did not need them this year. But it was a close call. I also received new socks for Christmas. Norm and Diane gave me bright colored socks with stripes with both socks being different. I will enjoy those socks. And Irene gave me a pair of socks that say "Too little time. Too many books". I will enjoy those socks too. When I get home to Mississippi and Wendy sends me my box, I intend to leave my three pair of warm socks in the house. But next time I travel to Ontario, I will take those three pair of warm socks. They did the job this time and will do it again. I love those socks.

No comments: