Monday, January 6, 2020

January 6, 2020. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. The Mega.

I always forget that Mega is such a great store until we return the next year. The store is huge. In addition to groceries, they sell clothes, furniture and appliances. But we only stay in the grocery department. Ken, Wendy and I took our first excursion this morning. When we arrived by taxi, we all three took a cart each and started filling our carts. Our plan was to meet at a small coffee shop. My task was to get to the dairy and meat departments so I filled my cart with butter, cheese, yoghurt, and meat. I fell in love with the butcher so although Ken was buying meat for dinner, I had the butcher cut up filets. He did so well I had him cut up pork chops. And while I watched he removed the meat from a chicken. It took him 3 minutes to debone that chicken. One section of the Mega sells prepared food. Local people take containers and containers of the food. Unfortunately, I can never tell what is in the big bins but Ken figures out what is in each. And he brings things home. For lunch we ate cooked, seasoned vegetables along with our chicken. New containers are awaiting us in our fridge. So our home here is stocked with everything we need to eat well. Wendy and Ken met up during the shopping so figured out duplicates, which were none. Fortunately we have a freezer because I bought too much meat. But other than meat, butter is the only duplicate, even though we did not shop together. After a taxi home and a full cart of food up the elevator to condo, we are set here at Playa Royale. Now for breakfast we can drink our coffee out of big mugs, purchased today by Wendy. We have all the comforts of home, but without the snow and ice. Pretty nice.

No comments: