Friday, January 31, 2020

January 31, 2020. Playa Royale, Mexico. Walking.

This is the best place for walking, especially at this time of year. A cool breeze always comes off the ocean. The temperature is moderate. Today was 74 degrees and cloudy. Even at the warmest days it never goes over 85. And the walking paths are shaded so even if the sun is shining you are able to walk comfortably. And it is level ground. Add all those factors together and you realize that walking in Nuevo Vallarta is pleasant. So we all walk every day. Wendy and Ken walk on the beach every day. One time they walk north and the next time they walk south. Usually they walk morning and afternoon. Ian has decided to walk twice a day too. He walks with Rita after breakfast. They walk on the sidewalk or on the bicycle path. This morning they walked a long way to see all the other resorts. And in the evening after dinner they walk around the building but within the compound. Rita walks everywhere and always walks her 10,000 steps. Today she went way over and she was tired so she went to bed early. I only go off the resort if someone comes with me so mostly I walk at home. Today I walked around the building before walking to the pool. Last evening I walked on the balcony, which is the easiest place for me to walk. I try to walk 5,000 steps or more. If I do not walk 3,000 steps a day my legs hurt during the night but if I walk over 7,000 steps my legs are even worse. So I try to keep a balance. Walking here in Nuevo Vallarta is a pleasure. I feel just like the baby bear: Not too cold or not too hot, but just right.

No comments: