Friday, January 3, 2020

January 3, 2020. Ancaster, Ontario. Lunch.

I will miss having lunch at the Callavo Nero. Since Christmas, I have had lunch there six rimes. I have memorized the menu. The place is small but elegant. The food and service are excellent, so they did everything I wanted the restaurant to do. My system was simple. My friends met me at Dave and Irene's home. After a short chat, the three of us drove to the restaurant where we ate and talked. My plans worked perfectly. Randy and Gaby came for lunch with me today. They live in Markham, north of Toronto. Their daughter Jessica joined us too. She is in her second year at the Agricultural University in Guelph so she drove over to join us. Randy is the son of Ray, Ken's first cousin. I had not seen them since our 55th anniversary celebration at the ranch so I was pleased to see them. Their other daughter, Rachel, had other plans so could not join us. We had a good old time. I always enjoy talking with University students with their energy and enthusiasm. Jessica is in her second year of Veterinary School while Rachel is studying to be a landscape designer. Tomorrow, Dave, Irene and I will have lunch with Norm and Diane, which will be the last of my luncheon dates. I have had fun catching up with friends and family. In fact, I have had such an enjoyable visit that I am leaving my clothes in the. bottom drawer of the guest room, with the hope that I might get invited again. I am already thinking that Dave will turn 90 in two years. And Dave and Irene will celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary in four years. I am planning ahead. These lunches at the restaurant have been a hit. I have enjoyed every one.

No comments: