Saturday, January 25, 2020

January 25, 2020. Playa Royale, Mexico. Water Weights.

Every time I get into the swimming pool, I perform my exercises in the deep water, using the same ones I do using small weights at home. In order to compensate for the lack of weights, I use the resistance of the water, plus I do them twice. And I work my legs by doing several hundred bicycle peddles, all in the deep water. It is not perfect but it works to keep me somewhat fit. When Kathy arrived, she told me that for Christmas, she was given a set of water weights, which she would be trying out for the first time. I was interested. This week, when Kathy saws me in the water, she come over and gave me her new water weights. She showed me how she had used them and gave me more suggestions. I worked with them for about thirty minutes. In order to perform my exercises I was forced to keep my feet on the bottom, which tells me the exercises are harder. No problems. I liked them. Two days later I borrowed them again and performed all my old drill plus a bunch more. The weights are light but the resistance against the water makes the work harder. I worked harder. The next day my arms and shoulders were sore. I had overworked my muscles. I have not been to the pool since. These water weights work but I must work my muscles slowly. I know better but I was just trying out a bunch of different exercises. When I get home to Mississippi, I will order two pair: one to keep in Mississippi and one to bring to Mexico. The weights give a good work out. I was surprised how effective they were. From now on, I will go slow and steady.

No comments: