Wednesday, January 8, 2020

January 8, 2020. Playa Royale, Mexico. The Condo.

This condo is pleasant. It overlooks the Pacific Ocean. I only own 10 weeks of this place which is just fine for me. When the place was being developed, Ken and I looked at one to buy outright but Ken decided he did not want to be responsible for yet another dishwasher, so we said no. Instead, we bought a fractional ownership of 10 weeks. Ken was happy. For us it was a turnkey operation. It was furnished with everything we needed. And we keep a locker down the hall with shoes and clothes. The place is pretty good sized: three bedrooms and three bathrooms and a large balcony on the front and the side. We overlook the Pacific Ocean, which we enjoy every evening at sunset. The place is comfortable but not fancy. With our annual fee, money is kept to replace furnishings. We as owners are asked to vote. Last year the living room couch and love seat were replaced, The 8 dining room chairs were recovered to match the furniture. This year I discovered new furniture on the balcony, which was a definite upgrade. The table and chairs are wicker. The chairs have seat cushions and the table is oblong with a plexiglass top. In addition, three new lounge chairs were installed, also with cushions on the seat and back. The old blue lounger's chairs were uncomfortable and impossible to get out of easily. And they left the old table and chairs. We could have a party. Not too long ago I was asked to vote. Should we spend money to replace the pictures or the chandelier? Or perhaps replace the lamps? I voted no. I could not recall the lighting at all, nor the pictures. No reason to spend money just to replace the old. I am happy with the place. And no one who visits me ever complains. Now I am happy with upgraded outdoor furniture. I expect to enjoy this condo until the end of February. Then I will forget about it until I return in 2021. Pretty nice system.

No comments: