Wednesday, January 29, 2020

January 29, 2020. Playa Royale, Mexico. Mexican Cotton.

Here I wear only Mexican cotton. When we first started living here in the winter many years ago, we met a lady who makes shirts for both ladies and men. And she makes them all from Mexican cotton, which is very light, a perfect weight for this climate. Both Ken and I have been wearing those shirts ever since. The first time I met her at the Plaza I bought two tops, one in green and one in light brown. Obviously I wore the green top a lot because this year I ripped the seam and the top edges were flayed. Rita went looking for the same lady in the Plaza and she found her. She used to be on the second floor. Now she is on the first level, Yesterday Rita and I visited her to see if she was still making the same blouse. I liked them because they have big pockets. She remembered making that style but she no longer sells them. But she agreed to make two for me. We selected the colors. Rita took my ripped shirt so she could make a pattern. Next Tuesday my shirts will be ready. I will be able to wear those shirts for the next ten years at least. This cotton can not be purchased in the US. Even in the south it is nowhere to be found. When I ask in the stores, they just tell me it is Mexican Cotton. I love the fabric. Now I will have two new Mexican cotton shirts to go along with my half dozen in my drawer. I am a lucky lady...and very comfortable too, wearing my Mexican Cotton shirts.

No comments: