Thursday, January 30, 2020

January 30, 2020. Playa Royale, Mexico. Pedicure.

I am always a bit irritated when I have a pedicure in Mexico. I expect the procedure to be substantially cheaper than in Mississippi. And it is not. The same is true for a massage at the spa. The charge is about the same as in the US. I feel sure that the ladies doing the treatment gets much less salary than at home but my charge is the same. The dentist costs more than half for the same or better service so what about the pedicure? But while I am here I always have a pedicure at least once so I put up with the price. I notice that the routine is different too. She started out by sanding my feet. Next was putting lotion on my legs and giving me a calf and foot massage, the part of my pedicure that I love. Finally she cut my toe nails and finally put on polish. I have had no polish on my toe nails because I developed white flecks so I left them alone to rest. Wendy had blue polish so I did the same. I selected navy blue. I call them my Salvation Army blue polish. The lady was competent and pleasant, chattering away the whole time. I of course, can not understand but I answer anyway in English. She has no idea what I am saying to her, nor her to me. But we had a good conversation anyway. The business is booming. All morning folks were coming making appointments. The day was fully booked so appointments were being made for two days ahead. One lady in the shop speaks English so she makes the appointments. The place is clean and well appointed so I was happy. I was pleased to see the amount of business. That is a good sign that tourists have returned. Now I am set until I return to Mississippi.

No comments: