Tuesday, January 7, 2020

January 7, 2020. Playa Royale, Mexico. Dinner by the Pool.

This was a first for us. Ken reserved a barbecue for 7:00 this evening. His intention was to cook steak. And we all decided to eat a salad and eat under the palapa beside the pool. The evening was perfect, warm but not windy. The facility we were using is well equipped with a sink, fridge, grill for vegetables and another for the meat. We three drank our red wine and enjoyed ourselves. It was a perfect evening to dine by the pool. Ken went down to start the barbecue and prepare the meat. When Wendy and I arrived with the plates and salad we could see Ken sitting beside the table wearing his apron. I was reassured to see our very own chef, wearing an apron and getting ready to cook our meat. Ken is our cook, for which I am grateful. Our first dinner together in the condo we ate a salad and veal cutlets, which were also delicious. Both nights Wendy made the salad. Now I hope Ken does not get weary with well doing because I certainly enjoy his cooking. We three enjoyed sitting in the palapa outside by the pool. But getting there in the pitch black was difficult for me. By holding on tightly to Wendy's arm, I made it. The worst part was going outside the main building. All I could see was black. Eventually the lights got numerous so it got easier. I could not have made it without Wendy. It was a good reminder that I can not go out by myself at night. Out first evening by the pool may also be our last. Tonight we enjoyed ourselves, at least after I arrived. Good food, beautiful setting and good company makes for a memorable meal.

No comments: