Friday, July 10, 2020

July 10, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The bedroom.

Without even lifting my head I can see the ocean right out the bench doors. If I sit up, I look out the two dormer windows with views of the sea. And of course, the sea can be heard any time whether the windows are open or not. This bedroom is special. In addition to the bed, both Ken and I had good comfortable chairs where we could read. My chair has the best light in the house so I often read at night. A large ottoman sits infront of me so I keep all my belongings close at hand. Right now I am reading Lark Rise by Flora Thompson, a book referred to me by friend Susan K. I keep the book in the bedroom and never take it down to the living room. After I take my last meds I always read a bit in my comfortable chair. It is a special reading spot. The last aspect of the bedroom that makes it special is the art. Over the bed is a large painting called By The Sea, done by Kate Holmes, friend Denise's sister. Two big pigs are on the beach along with some balls. And with a little lighthouse on the horizon. In addition to the pig painting is a Roger Savage of a water color of Sable Island. Roger lives just down the road. Several paintings of Maurel are hanging on the wall. We knew him for years at his studio in Lunenburg but unfortunately he has died. In addition to the ones mentioned, we have in total 20 pieces or art both large and small in the bedroom. This is a lovely. comfortable bedroom. I feel fortunate that I sleep here.

No comments: