Friday, July 24, 2020

July 24, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Splendid Day.

All morning, while I ate my breakfast sitting in the living room reading, Anna cooked. She roasted a pork loin. And she cooked apple;esauce, lots of it. And she cooked a big pot of mashed potatoes. Now all I need to do for dimmer is to slice some meat, dig out a big spoon of mashed potatoes and heat dinner in the microwave. With a big dollop of apple;esauce, my dinner will be complete. I already have salad goods in the fridge so after I assemble my salad, I will be set for the week. In addition she made oatmeal squares which she bakes and freezes for breakfast. All I need to do for breakfast is take a square from the freezer, heat it, add applesauce, and eat breakfast. The weather was perfect so after cooking was completed, we drove to Summerville Beach to walk. I am not in love with walking on the beach but we have so many beautiful beaches here I decided I could learn to like it. Today was a test. The day was perfect on the beach. Families were there with the children in and out of the water. We drove to the end of the parking lot and walked along the boardwalk to the beach. Unfortunately the tide was high but I had no trouble. We walked to the Quarterdeck and back. By then the sun was out and we had brought no hats so I decided to quit. But walking on the beach was a success. Next up was lunch at the Quarterdeck Restaurant. The food seemed better than last year and we enjoyed our lunch. I ate muscles while Anna ate fish and chips. By the time we got home it was 4:00 so after a bit of a rest, Anna was ready to go home. We had a splendid day doing perfectly ordinary things. Pretty special for both of us.

No comments: