Thursday, July 9, 2020

July 9, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. This lovely place.

Today was a perfect day at Western Head. The temperature was 70. There was full sun all day. There was a bit of a light breeze, just enough to keep you cool in the sun and the sea was calm. The weather does not get any better than today, not only here but anywhere in the world. Anna and I walked up and down the driveway this morning. The roses Ken planted are in bloom so as you walk past the various plots of plantings you smell the roses. Then we sat by the pond. Ken started from nothing. Now it is beautiful with different colored flowers all around the pond. I am always interest as to how such a small pond can be so entertaining. Anna has already trained the fish when she feeds them. The whole pond area is charming, just as Ken knew it would be. Sitting on the deck overlooking the ocean is even more spectacular. I am only saddened because my friends are not able to join me in their homes along the shore. Christina and the girls are supposed to be here. And friends were to move into the Guest House next week. But no more. I am the only one who gets to enjoy the beauty of our place in Nova Scotia. I can not think of a better place for me to be when quarantined. Ken and I did a good thing when we bought this old place and fixed it. Ken spotted the coast on a flight home from Scotland. By a fluke, we got to know our realtor friends Mary and Walt. That was 1999. Now it is 2020. The place gets more beautiful every year. This home in Western Head on Gull Bay is lovely.

No comments: