Monday, July 27, 2020

July 27, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Baseball.

I watched the Blue Jays win their first game of the season. And I enjoyed every minute especially when they beat the Rays. At the same time, I could switch between three games being shown on TV so I could switch every time there was a commercial. Everything I had always enjoyed about baseball came back to me. It is an interesting game. With every pitch, players must be able to be ready with a different response so even when nothing seems to be happening, you know that every player is trying to figure out what they should be doing. And every so often, the players make spectacular plays, that look automatic, but you know is difficult. I played a lot of softball in my youth so am familier with the plays and technique of the players. And those baseball players are superior athletes. I was certainly impressed all over again. Now they have changed rules. All coaches must wear masks even if they are standing all my themselves. Players wear no mask. Even the National League is now using the designated batter. And they have new rules for the extra innings. The Jays had their first time at their second game. The rule is for the batting team to put a runner on second base, then see if he can score. After three outs, the other team gets to do the same thing. Unfortunately, even though the Jays scored one run, the Rays scored two, so the Jays lost. Interesting way to end the game. And they are increasing the number of teams into the playoffs. These rules are just for this shortened season. But I am delighted to have baseball back in my life. I watched almost the whole game between the Yankees and the Nationals. I went to bed happy. The Nets won.

No comments: