Sunday, July 26, 2020

July 26, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Time.

The passage of time first became important to me when I started selling real estate. On a document signed by sellers and buyers a date was placed on the paper and soon enough, time passed and the date arrived whether or not anything was done. So I kept close track of the passage of time. And I helped sellers and buyers and other agents to keep track of the time line. David and Suzanne are getting ready to sell their house. David was startled to note when he checked the records that thy purchased the back lot 13 years ago. And that the garage/office was completed 10 years ago. "It seemed just a short time ago," he said. The last decade seemed to him quick, which he had never noted before. I note the passage of time whenever I fill my pill boxes. They seem to be empty so quickly. Every time I turn around I need to replenish the little boxes. Actually, I keep 5 boxes ready each time. I do not notice the passing of time very often. I never dwell on my age or the speeding up of time that I hear happens to older people. But I know it happens to me because I always seem to fill my little pill boxes. I was startled this week when my supply of boxes had been exhausted and I needed to fill them again. I knew I came with a full box and now I was empty. It did not seem that I had been in Nova Scotia that long. But I have. Time is speeding by. I have now realized that I will need to fill those pesky little boxes twice before I leave. Every 5 weeks I am reminded that life moves quickly. And evidently time will speed up. So here we go.

No comments: