Wednesday, July 1, 2020

July 1, 2020. Western Head, Noca Scotia. Quarantined.

The rules were for me to drive directly to one place and stay there for 14 days. I was to have a supply of food in the house to last the two weeks. I should not drive in a car with any local person and when driving home from the airport in a private car I am to sit in the back seat. I can walk outside around my house but not in town or on town streets. So I am here at home in Nova Scotia for the next 14 days. Except my helper Anna will be coming twice a week. We just must stay distant. I do not remember ever being in a state of quarantine. I recall as a child seeing homes with a quarantine sign hanging on the front door. Infectious diseases were treated seriously. And I recall people with TB sent away to a sanatorium to be isolated. I just read an article about polio in Canada. I do not remember myself but the article said that people with polio were isolated. Now I am staying at home. And I will enjoy myself. Soon the 14 days will be over so I can return taking friends to lunch. Until then, I will be alone. I expect to do the same as I do at home in Mississippi. I will make a structure with every day. I will get my exercises done and I will walk, even if only on my own driveway. I will read every morning and I will attend to my e mails. And I will make my meals. Yesterday Anna took containers from the freezer full of meals. Last evening for supper I ate curry beef stew, made by last years caterer. It was delicious. I ate the rest of it for lunch today. This evening I will eat a big salad with lettuce from the garden of Steve and Sue. Anna returned jars to Sue this afternoon and she brought home fresh garden lettuce which I will enjoy. And I will eat chicken cooked at the grocery store. I will celebrate Canada Day all by myself and listen to the sounds of the sea. Pretty nice.

No comments: