Thursday, July 30, 2020

July 30, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Computer Troubles.

Much to my great surprise, I have had no difficulty with the computer. Every evening, I turn on the computer and up pops my blog, just as Ken set up for me. Not once since Ken died have I had difficulties. At last until last evening. Google was threatening to change the format for the blogs. Yesterday was the day. Instructions were given for those folks like me who wish to keep the old system. I tried to folloiw their instructions but managed to make a total mess so eventually I could not even get back to either the old or new formal of my litle bvlog. I was struck and unable to do anything. Even though it was 11:00pm, I called to leave a message for Joey, my computer saviour. And I then wrote my blog on my iPad downstairs. For some reason, I prefer to write on the computer, perhaps because I make fewer errors. First thing this morning, my phone rang. Joey would be here to help with my computer woes at 3:00 today. Bless his heart. It took him just a few minutes to set me straighjt. Evidently I had pushed so many buttoms that I had multiple folders open. But he fixed it for me but I am stuck with the new format. But at least I am able to use the new system. I told him today that he should wear a Superman Cape when he arrives to help. He said that I was not the fierst person who has said the same thing. He is an earnest sincere young man who runs his company from Liverpool. With a degree in computer science, he could work anywhere but he was born and raised here and he likes his life here. I am not the only one who am pleased he is here. I paid him $25. today for him to make a house call and fix my problem. "No problem," he said. "I was already working in Western Head." Once again, I got lucky. Now I am back in business but now with a new format.

No comments: