Wednesday, July 8, 2020

July 8, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Water and Exercise.

All my life I have given the same advice: Drink more water and get more exercise. A receptionist at work was complaining about something with her health. I told her to drink more water and get more exercise. I gave the same information to everyone when there was something the matter. It was ridiculous and we all laughed, But sometimes I was correct. During a hot day on the soccer field, Andrew collapsed. We took him to Suburban Hospital who promptly sent him to Children's Hospital in DC, where Andrew met with a Pediatric Neurologist. Many many tests were run on Andrew's head. Ken was afraid that Andrew had a brain tumor because just before he keeled over he had a terrible headache. My solution was that Andrew had not had enough water. After all the tests, the good doctor could not find anything the matter with Andrew's head. He suggested that Andrew was dehydrated. I did not say a word. The doctor wanted Andrew to be kept quiet for a long weekend and drink lots of water. Ken and I decided that keeping Andrew quiet would be impossible so we took a car trip to see the beautiful leaves in New Hampshire. The boys thought we were nuts but we did not tell them that we were doing it to keep Andrew quiet. Fortunately, Andrew had no recurrence, On the way home from the hospital, Ken said to Andrew that if anyone asked him whether he needed his head examined, Andrew should tell them that he already had that done and his head was fine. This morning I spoke with my friends Doreen. I was asking for the report from the Nephrologist on Don who was spilling creatine. Don is now feeling much better after he followed the advice from the doctor, which was to drink 2 liters of water every day. And of course, every doctor tells Don to get more exercise. So there you go, Sometimes my advice is correct. Drink more water and get more exercise is my solution to everything in life.

No comments: