Tuesday, July 28, 2020

July 28, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Temperature.

The weather has gone crazy. Nova Scotia had a heat advisory. Halifax folks especially were to drink plenty of water, use sun screen and wear a hat. I noticed on my phone weather report that Liverpool was to get to 80 so when I walked outside to get in the truck I was surprised that the breeze was chilly. I was wearing teva sandals and my feet were cold. But by the time we drove to town, our car was hot. The truck has no air-conditioning. Today I needed it. The breeze coming in the window was hot. After I had completed my appointment with the Optician, we started out walking in Privateer Park and decided we were not being smart. The sun was beating down on us. There was no breeze off the river and we had no hate. So we decided to drive to the arena where it was air conditioning. The air temperature when we quit walking outside was 85. I had become a Nova Scotian, where when the temperature reached 82, they tell you that the temperature is impossibly hot. The interesting thing is that Jackson today was 83 while Toronto was in the 90's. Texas this week was over 100 many days. I talked with George, our builder this afternoon and he said that where they were working in Port Medway the temperature in the sun was 100 degrees. And where they were working there was no breeze. This is unheard temperatures in Nova Scotia. My blessing was returning home to the house. The breeze got cooler and cooler and cooler so when we got out of the car both Anna and I were again with cold feet. On the shore today we had no high temperatures. For the summer, this a blessing but I am not sure I would be so pleased in the winter. But today, the temperature at home was perfect. I was grateful that I did not live in town.

No comments: