Monday, July 13, 2020

July 13, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Friends.

Two decisions were made by the officials that impacted my summer. First the border was closed between the United States and Canada which meant friends from the US could not come to Canada until the border opened. The second decision in Nova Scotia requiring a 14 day quarantine when crossing the border of Nova Scotia from anywhere in Canada. Family and friends from Ontario would be required to stay home for 14 days with no contact made with any locals. That eliminated family and friends from Ontario from visiting me here in Nova Scotia. This would certainly be a different summer than any other but I decided that I have friends in Nova Scotia with whom I enjoy, Then I arrived here. Gill has been here all along but I am quarantines for 1e days and have not seen her since my arrival. She just spent a few days in Toronto so she is now quarantined for 14 days so I will not see her for another 14 days. And a year has changed with my Nova Scotia friends. Karen is awaiting surgery and is seeing no one except her bubble of people, which means husband, brother, gill and Bruce. So I will not see Karen his summer. We e mail only. Loretta is housebound after she broke her hip and two bones in her leg so she is not able to leave her house. Her husband and family help her at home but going out to lunch is impossible. So I will not see Loretta this summer. Mary Mac. is fearful of Walt getting an infection so they are walking around the parking lot across from their home but never leave their house otherwise, other than picking up groceries at the store. I talk to Mary every day on the phone but I likely will not get to see Mary and Walt this summer. But I am in luck. This week I am having coffee with Larry and Jan. Then we will map out a plan for the summer. And fortunately I have a few other friends who will be able to keep me company. Soon I will have lunch or dinner with Sandra. And the same with Kathy and Brian. I knew this summer would be different but I did no know I was going to spend all my time by myself. What a difference a year makes.

No comments: