Saturday, July 25, 2020

July 25, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Masks,

Masks have become controversial over the past few months. At first we were told the use of masks was optional. Then, depending where you lived, mask use became required at all time out of the house. I have read studies that show masks make a big difference and other tests show a different story. But one thing I know for sure and that is that wearing a mask has become a type of security blanket. It seems that the use of a mask will keep you from any harm. Driving in a car all by yourself makes no sense, yet I see folks driving with a mask. Walking outside by yourself should not be necessary but you see people wearing a mask walking all by themselves. Queens County, Nova Scotia has not had a positive test for the virus for weeks and weeks yet people still wear masks. Somehow or other, people feel holy when they are wearing a mask. They seem to think they will go straight to heaven if wearing a mask. A friend sent me the results of a test wearing a mask or not wearing a mask. The story was that the use of masks is essential. But I interpreted the results differently. Two people, three feet apart took a test. Four things happened, with or without a mask, using a special receptical to evaluate the bugs. Fist speaking, then singing, then sneezing and finally coughing. Without the mask, no bacteria ere found on the receptical when speaking or singing. But masses amount when sneezing and coughing but more without the mask. So the test showed little effect with or without when speaking or singing. Interesting I thought. And for the life of me, I could not recall having anyone sneeze or cough directly in front of me. People either turn their hear or grab for a tissue. But for sure, if someone sneezes or coughs directly in front of you, you need a mask or you will gets bugs. But still the controversy goes on. For me, I mostly stay at home, without using a mask, which seems seems good to me.

No comments: