Wednesday, July 29, 2020

July 29, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Luncheon Dates.

My friend Fran picked me up on Monday and took me to her home for lunch. I was delighted to see her beautiful garden, which Wendy says is the most beautiful private garden ahe has ever seen. She and her husband turned an ordinary large yard overlooking the ocean into a magnificent flower garden. The task was daunting but vit by bit, it was turned into rocks and flowers and grass. Several years ago, Kelly died suddenly so Fran was left to garden by herself, which is not as much fun, so ahe has asked for help and hires two people to help. The garden still looks lovely. When we finished our lunch of ham, shrimp salad and potatoe salad, Fran drove me home. she is such a good friend. Today i went to lunch with Gill, which was the first time since my arrival. First I was quarantined and then she was quarantined. So finally we went to lunch at Pauls, the german restaurant. Ourlunch was delicious and our conversation lively. Our discussion centered on all the topics we agree and the few we do not. We have agreed that we will not discuss the three items on which we disagree. And neither will we try to educate the other. So all is well. My luncheon dates were the highlight of my week!!

No comments: