Wednesday, July 22, 2020

July 22, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Calm Seas.

Today, when Sandra brought me home from lunch,. we looked out to sea and were both astonished. The bold Atlantic Ocean was perfectly flat. The top of the water looked as it was a pane of glass. Sandra lived by the ocean for many years as had I, and neither of us had ever seen the water so calm and flat. It was almost spooky. No sound came from the water. There were no ripples, no waves. No sound at all coming from the ocean. The sight was unbelievable. Yesterday evening when I went out to the deck I discovered that the air was warm. Even the breeze was warm. That was the first time since my arrival that the air was warm. Up until today, the breeze was always chilly so if I wanted to sit out, I would need a jacket. But not yesterday. It was perfect for sitting watching for whales. Anna and I walked along the river in town. I checked the weather and it told me that Queens County would hit 80 so I wore a light cotton dress yesterday. The breeze by the river kept us cool for walking but everyone in town told us how hot it was. Back at Western Head the temperature was 70. Now I hear the sound of the sea so the waves are once again pouring into the shore which seems to be normal,. The glass water of this afternoon was certainly unusual. So for two days I have experience different weather patterns: first a hot day yesterday and today a totally calm sea. Interesting.

No comments: