Monday, July 6, 2020

July 6, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. BLT.

There is nothing better for breakfast than to eat a BLT. It is nourishing as well as delicious. One valuable part of being quarantined is that no one will ever visit you. And as I live by myself, I can do whatever I want to do whenever I wish to do it. Last evening I read late. When I awoke, I never even looked at the clock but after my medications, I went straight back to my book, one recommended by friend Susan K. I did not even dress. Eventually I showered but returned to my book. I was wishing the house had room service because I wanted a cup of tea. Eventually I put on a house dress and went down for breakfast. But by then, I discovered the clock said 12:15 so instead of eating an English muffin and fruit for breakfast I ate a BLT and called it lunch although technically it was breakfast. When I was still in bed, I heard someone walking on my deck but I did not even go downstairs. I just stayed in bed. No one can come in while I am here so why bother. I knew the Culligan man was coming to service the guest house so I assumed it was him, but he came at 3:00. Next I thought it might be Gill but I was wrong. It remains a mystery. Maybe I dreamt it. For dinner, while watching Antiques Roadshow I ate a big salad: lots of greens, cold cooked chicken, cooked vegetables cold left over from last year and last of all half a can of cut up hearts of palm I found in the pantry. I ate every bit but it took a long time, a least the whole hour of the TV show. So there are advantages to being quarantined. Eating a BLT for breakfast at 12:15 is one of those advantages.

No comments: