Sunday, July 19, 2020

July 19, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Phones and Toilets.

Just last week I wondered if anyone ever dropped their cell phone in the toilet. I was thinking about it because my phone slipped out of the pocket of my dress and fell on the bathroom floor, fortunately landing on a thick rug. I was just a foot away from the toilet, which made me think about toilets and phones. Sure enough, yesterday my cell phone slipped out of my pocket and clunked into the commode. I knew immediately what had happened so I retrieved it, washed it off and dried it with a towel. Then I plugged it in to provide some warmth to dry out anything damp. And of course, I called Mary Mac. who I always call with my problems. She told me to put the phone in a bath of rice and keep it there overnight. All the while the phone was working. Walt told me to remove the case, which I did, except I broke a corner of the case when I struggled to get the phone out. This morning the phone was fine so I guess the phone stayed in water such a short time that it was not damaged. The early cell phones would immediately stop working if they got wet. But my phone seems to have come through the trauma unscathed. But it was not the smartest move I ever made. Next time I wear that dress I will use my little phone purse and not use the pocket which is clearly too small. It was just another instance that keeps me humble!!

No comments: