Saturday, July 11, 2020

July 11, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Rain.

As I sit at the computer, rain is falling, enough so I can hear it, but not so much so it is noisy. Just a short time ago, the rain fell so hard you could not hear your own voice. But now the rain is gentle, just the way I .like the rain to do. This evening, when talking to friend Mary Mac. we both agreed that we prefer the rain to fall at night when we are sleeping. But Mary does not like high wind along with the rain at night. That makes her nervous. I always think that we either want more rain or we want the rain the stop. We are never happy with the amount of rain we are getting., I have been here in Nova Scotia for eleven days. Until today, I have not seen a bit of rain. Everyone I have spoken on the phone tells me we are short of rain. George told me that the ground is hard because they have had no rain for two months. This afternoon when I went to walk on my property, I could not tell if I was getting wet due to the heavy fog or that it was actually raining. But as I was getting wet, I went inside. And soon it poured down rain. Now everyone would be happy. Unfortunately it rained only 30 minutes but when I came upstairs to read, the rain started. And it has continued a steady gentle rain which I hope will continue all night. Nothing better than being lulled to sleep by the rain. Some night you just get lucky.

No comments: