Thursday, July 16, 2020

July 16, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Fish and Chips.

Today I ate my first and last meal of Fish and Chips. Ken and I always ate fish and chips at least once every summer. Every restaurant in Nova Scotia serves fish and chips. They are delicious. But Ken and I almost never eat flied food but we make an exception for Nova Scotia fish and chips. The fish is always fresh. Nova Scotians will send the fish back if the fish is not fresh. I of course can not tell the difference. But I was not born and raised in Nova Scotia. Anna and I walked at Privateer Park along the Mersey River. The day was perfect for walling. 63 degrees and overcast. And the park is a wonderful place to walk with sidewalks encompassing a large grassed area with pretty clumps of foliage here and there. Just near the road we discovered the food truck, selling fish and chips so after another circle, we decided to have lunch. We sat at a picnic table facing the river and enjoyed our fish and chips, which were delicious. I ordered two pieces of fish and brought one home along with half the chips. I intended to eat the other piece of fish tomorrow but I could not resist eating the rest for dinner. At least I ate cooked carrots along with my leftover fish and chips. Now I will not eat another meal of fish and chips this summer. But I certainly enjoyed my fish and chips today.

No comments: